Is Mackeeper Legit or a Scam: Read MacKeeper Remote Assistance Review and Make a Decision
MacKeeper is a security software whose functions are roughly divided into specific areas. For example, cleanliness, performance, security, and privacy. It was originally developed and distributed by Zeobit LLC. In 2015, it was acquired by Kromtech Alliance Corp. At the end of 2019, Clario acquired Mackeeper and is developing and distributing it to the software market. Most of the MacKeeper problems are associated with the second owner. However, if you want to get a complete Kromtech MacKeeper review, then you need to pay attention to the sequential development and the place that the program takes. Some critics have criticized the marketing and promotion methods. It has purchased over 60 million ad impressions each month, making it one of the largest buyers of web traffic for Mac users. As a result, the company was accused of using misleading advertising in promoting software, including aggressive affiliate marketing, pop-up ads, and creating websites to discredit competitors. Kromtech MacKeeper also ran into trouble with affiliate advertisers because it paid a 50% commission to sell MacKeeper and they packaged its ads in adware. In 2018, MacKeeper supports actions to combat affiliate marketers scamming users. If you Google this software, you may see a lot of requests “how to remove it”, “why is it dangerous”, etc. In January 2014, Illinois filed a class-action lawsuit against Zeobit. The lawsuit alleges that “neither the free trial nor the fully registered version of MacKeeper has passed any reliable diagnostic tests,” and said consumer Macs are in need of repair and are at risk from harmful bugs. In May 2014, Pennsylvania filed a lawsuit alleging fabricated security concerns to force victims to pay unnecessary repair costs. In 2015, the company settled a $ 2 million class-action lawsuit against him. Customers who purchased the software before July 8, 2015, can request a refund. Kromtech also filed at least two unsuccessful lawsuits against those who believed they had defamed them. How exactly? The first case: having created several usernames and published libelous software on several websites. The case was dropped before the hearing. The second case: in 2014, a video was released on YouTube, in which it was alleged that the company was fraudulent. A lawsuit was filed against its author.
Since then, Mackeeper has made great strides. Clario Tech, the current parent company, has a reputation for security and privacy and they have completely overhauled its software and marketing strategies. They have banned third-party partners from launching pop-ups and malicious ads. However, did this affect the reputation among users? We will talk about this MacKeeper problem and many other things today, including MacKeeper remote assistance review.
What is MacKeeper App?
MacKeeper doesn’t currently offer a mobile app. However, let’s look at whether the opinion about MacKeeper software has changed recently. Was it bad? If you believe the reviews in 2018, then yes. The main complaints were that advertisements often popped up without prior notice, thereby blocking content on the screen. Of course, no one can guarantee that your Mac would never be compromised by viruses and other malware. However, the software must protect against such advertisements. There are many organizations pushing unsuspecting users to download or purchase software and services that are reported to be of dubious value. MacKeeper is one such product. Some users claimed that it would slow down their Mac, and many people who accidentally downloaded and installed it wanted to uninstall it. Is MacKeeper bad now? This software is in the recommendations for protecting Mac products. Among the main functions: scanning for viruses to detect various malicious software and protection of the device in real-time.
Is MacKeeper a Part of Apple?
The software has nothing to do with Apple, although its development was directed primarily at this company. Most of the reviews were negative regarding version 2. There has also been criticized for being difficult to remove. Therefore, the MacKeeper app 3 eliminated some of the problems that users referred to. A guide has been released to uninstall the program. In 2020, a new version was released that offers more features and less criticism.
Is MacKeeper a Legitimate Program?
The current version of the software is actually good at what it does: it protects a Mac (Apple) from malware and keeps it running. So. MacKeeper is legit. However, is MacKeeper a scam? No, it is not. It has passed AppEsteem certification (the gold standard for app quality and reliability). This certification process requires a rigorous review in terms of technology and consumer protection. Is MacKeeper malware? It’s no longer true that Macs don’t require malware protection or performance optimizations. Of course, they are better optimized than Windows, and malware usually targets Windows. But with the proliferation of MacKeeper malware (viruses, ransomware, etc.).
Does MacKeeper Really Work?
Let’s take a look at exactly how the software works in order to conclude whether you should buy to use it or not. The possibilities of it are described below.
- You can easily install it by yourself. Download the file, open it, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The pros of a memory cleaner. For example, your Mac has 4GB of RAM, and sometimes performance drops due to lack of it. From time to time, launching MacKeeper can help you free up it, which is very convenient.
- Duplicate Finder would detect copies of files that are taking up space on your Mac’s hard drive. Even if these same files are renamed, it would group them together so you can decide to delete them or move them to an external storage device to free up space on your Mac’s hard drive. You can also group duplicate files by file type. For example, if you click the Video tab in the duplicate finder, you would only see duplicate video files.
- It is a nice and handy tool to properly uninstall applications from your Mac. It is not enough to remove the application from the Applications folder. This is where MacKeeper legitimate app comes in handy. It would show you a list of apps that you can uninstall. Then, after removing it, it will scan your entire hard drive to find the leftover files associated with the application and remove them. This not only saves storage space but also helps to improve the performance of your Mac.
- The Disk Usage Module scans your hard drive and lists all files and folders, as well as the size of the folder next to its name. Depending on the folder size, the folder size is displayed in 4 colors (red, orange, yellow, green).
- Is MacKeeper a virus scam? The anti-theft module has two purposes. First, it can prevent unauthorized access to your Mac. Secondly, it can help you track your Mac to prevent it from being stolen. You only need to install it once, and in case your Mac is stolen, you can use the web interface on the official website to track your Mac’s location, and you can even use the Mac iSight camera to take a photo of the thief. So it is not a virus scam.
MacKeeper: Good or Bad?
I must admit that the program has received positive reviews lately. The company’s response to every customer comment or complaint was also instrumental. For example, through:
- Online chat;
- 24/7 phone support;
- Email support.
There is also a money-back service. Of course, first, you would get discounts and improved terms to stay on their customer list. However, if you don’t want to, the money would be refunded, for example, through PayPal.
Based on the reviews of the past two years, it is robust software with many good features. Security features can remove malware, detect spyware, and ransomware. This software is more expensive than many of the best antivirus programs. However, it ranks among the best among most programs in this category with its features. We think this is a good choice. However, if you want password management tools and firewalls, then you better buy something else. If you used it previously, why did you stop? Are you using MacKeeper on your Mac now? Share your opinion in the comments. Thank you for reading the article to the end. See you soon on the pages of our blog. Do not miss new interesting updates!
- Great! Did you like the article and we would like to know what it was about?
- You didn't like the article? Tell us why!