Transfer Money from a Prepaid Card to Bank: How Can You Do It Quick and Safe
Recently, prepaid cards have become popular, and more people prefer them to credit cards. They are also linked to your main bank account and also require a PIN to complete the transaction. This rule helps to protect you from theft or loss of your card. So what does a prepaid card look like? Most often it includes a gift or phone card. Is there any chance to transfer money from a prepaid card? First, you need to choose where you want to transfer money. For example, to a debit card. This is not a bad choice as this card is easily used for payment instead of cash. And a special magnetic stripe stores some information about the card and about you. That is, the principle of operation is similar to the credit one, but the money spent immediately goes to the seller’s account when the transaction is completed. What if your choice is a credit card? It is up to you. If you transfer a prepaid card to a bank, where you get a credit card you should be ready for some rules:
- Don’t forget about full monthly payments.
- In case of accumulation of debts, you are charged interest.
- Unpaid debts damage your credit history and can create problems in the future.
By the way, transfer a prepaid visa to a bank is also a possible option. The case is about visa gift cards. We have already discussed it here. Green Dot is not the only bank that can help you transfer money from a prepaid card to a bank account. We prepared for you a shortlist of banks with such an opportunity.
- Bank Of America. If you have a CashPay card, you can transfer funds to your bank account. However, this is possible if the monthly fees are paid and the transfer amount is more than $ 20. You do not need to go to the Bank, just go to its official website, select the section of the existing card, register an account (if this is your first transfer), enter the transfer data. It will be carried out within 5 business days after verification of the authenticity of the application by the bank’s security. If you have an EED card from this Bank, a transfer from a prepaid card to a bank account is also possible. The main purpose of issuing such a card is to transfer funds directly. However, you can also choose a one-time transfer or a regular direct transfer to your bank account. Follow this simple sequence of actions:
- Visit the bank’s website.
- Set up one-time or recurring transfers gradually.
- If you register for regular transfers, funds will be automatically transferred within 1-2 business days.
- Key2Benefits. If you want to transfer money from a prepaid card to a bank, you need to enter the transfer amount, routing number, account number, select the type of account, enter the security code, double-check the information again. And only then you can send it.
- Netspend. The instruction is similar to the previous banks. The commission will be determined by the bank depending on the transfer amount.
Transfer money from a bank account to a prepaid card always depends on what type of card do you have.
Can You Transfer Money from a Prepaid Card to Your Bank Account?
Of course, it is possible to send money from a prepaid card to your bank account. The main thing is that you have a current bank account with your online bank. After logging in with your username and PIN, you can navigate the menu and go to the transfer page, where you must specify the amount you want to transfer. A bank card account can be used as an account number for transferring funds. Make sure your cards have FDIC insurance. This way, you will be able to directly link the bank account you are using with the bank you are sending money to. However, what to do if there is no money on the card? You need to load it before transferring.
Can a Prepaid Card Be Loaded With a Credit Card?
When you find out how to load your card, you can easily transfer a prepaid card to a bank account. You cannot directly charge a prepaid card using a credit card. The advantage of prepaid cards is that you don’t need a bank account to use them. Credit cards are most suitable for people with bad credit history. However, you can only use the money on the card. On the other hand, a credit card allows you to use it as often as possible because you will return all funds later. Do not forget that there is a certain limit and you cannot spend more than the set one.
Can I Transfer Money to a Prepaid Card by Bank Account?
You can deposit a certain amount of prepaid cards to your card from the bank. It takes a few days to operate a transaction. It is safe to transfer money online from your account because you can use your smartphone to send money to your prepaid card in a short period of time. To do this, you must have an online bank account. If the prepaid card is received from another bank, you will need its route number. Of course, you know your account number, if not, look it up on your profile or contact the bank. Then, you can easily and quickly transfer funds. Before sending, make sure the all data is correct. After replenishing the balance, you can use it on the card to pay bills, pay for travel on the bus, as well as to purchase goods and services. If you want to confirm your balance, you can check it at any time through an ATM and insert your card. If you install an app on your mobile phone, you can also view it online.
Can I Send Money to a Prepaid Visa Card?
Transferring funds is easy via ATM or Secure Cash Xpress.
- In the first case, select the country of transfer, enter your personal information, enter the amount you want to transfer, and click send. After sending money, you will receive an email from the company with your Visa card PIN.
- In the second case, you can use primary and secondary cards. You will save the main card and send the second card to the recipient. They can be purchased online by completing the online application form. Activate the card before using it online on the company’s website.
How to Transfer Money from a Prepaid Card to a Bank Account?
We will tell you about several options that can help you to move money from a prepaid card to a bank account.
- MoneyGram. This translation system has a number of advantages. Firstly, it is safe, as the system has been in operation since 1940, and has earned a good reputation. Secondly, there is the possibility of instant translation. Thirdly, you won’t find any cheaper transfer fees (around $ 1.99). And finally, positive user reviews. So, how to send money through it? You need to register on the official website. Then, enter all the necessary transfer details, and the details of your payment card. Do not forget to check all data several times.
- Use any type of cards that we discussed at the beginning.
Transfer Money from Prepaid MasterCard to a Bank Account
You can use the Paysend app. Registration takes just a few minutes. If you are using the application, click the “transfer money” button in the application after registration, select the country or region where the recipient is located, and enter the recipient’s details. Then enter your prepaid card details, view the transfer details, and click “Submit”. It sounds too simple, but that’s the best advantage of the Paysend app. Can you transfer a prepaid visa to a bank account? Of course, you can, and not only through this app.
Transfer Money from a Prepaid Visa to a Bank Account through CardCash
Most prepaid cards can be topped up and used for an unlimited time. You can use mobile payment services such as CardCash to transfer money from a gift card or prepayment to your bank account. We advise you to withdraw funds from the application via PayPal.
Can You Transfer Money from One Prepaid Card to Another?
Visit an ATM that supports older prepaid cards. Enter your PIN and select Withdraw. Choose the amount you want to transfer to another prepaid card. However, if you have not yet applied for such a card, then you can receive it by mail. Then wait for it and use the ATM after activation.
Money transfers are an easy way to send money to another city, region or country. You can use an instant transfer or the transaction can take several days. However, the advantage is that you spend a minimum of money and time on the operation.Every day, Google users enter the search engine “prepaid card to a bank account”.But despite hundreds of instructions, people have difficulties. We hope that our review has helped you finally understand money transfers. Which method do you use? Share in the comments. Thank you for reading the article to the end. Have a great weekend and do not miss new updates on the pages of our blog very soon!
- Great! Did you like the article and we would like to know what it was about?
- You didn't like the article? Tell us why!